The option to merge the contents of two different Lexical Words lists can be accessed by right clicking the target LexicalWords object in the clipboard and selecting the option: Resources -> Lexical Words-> Merge Lexical Words.
A GUI panel is launched to perform the configuration of the tool:
- if as a result a new LexicalWords will be created or not.
- In the first case (Yes), the operation allows two lists to be used as sources (referred below as first source and second source). In this case, the LexicalWords object name (and optionally notes) have to be filled (panel in the bottom)
- In the latter case, the selected target LexicalWords object will receive the elements from the source.
- the (first) source LexicalWords object
- the set of classes from the source/first LexicalWords object that will be merged.
- If the user selects no above, the classes for the target LexicalWords object can not be selected, since these are automatically assumed
- If the user selects yes above, the classes for the second source LexicalWords object can also be selected in the right panel
As a result of this operation a report will be generated, containing information on:
- Number of terms added
- Number of external ID's added
- Number of classes added
- Source LexicalWords object
- Second Source Resource (in the case where a new LexicalWords object is created as a result of the operation)
- Target Resource (in the case where no resource is created)
- Number of conflicts
- Time (Milliseconds)
The detailed list of conflicts is given in the tabbed panels in the bottom, organized by different types of conflicts.